In 2017 SERLC protected one thousand eight hundred seventeen (1,817) acres of farms and forests in Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina. This brings our cumulative total to 26,997 acres of land protected! And we’re looking forward to protecting more land in the future.
Of the 64 projects, seven are in Alabama, twenty-nine in Georgia, sixteen in North Carolina, ten in South Carolina, and two in Tennessee. The projects range from the mountains, piedmont & sandhills, to the coast. Although projects vary greatly in size, the average acreage would come out at about 421 acres per project.
DIVERSE SOUTHEASTERN HABITATS PROTECTED
- Appalachian Mountain Land (forested & open)
- Ridge & Valley Land (forested & open)
- Piedmont Land (forested & open)
- Fall-line Sandhills Land (forested & open)
- Coastal Land (forested & open)
- Wetlands, Stream Corridor & Open Water (all regions)