In 2016 SERLC protected two thousand five hundred ninety-eight (2,596) acres of diverse lands in the Carolinas and Georgia. This brings our cumulative total to 25,181 acres of land protected! And we’re looking forward to protecting more land in the future.
Of 58 projects, seven are in Alabama, twenty-four in Georgia, sixteen in North Carolina, nine in South Carolina, and two in Tennessee. The projects range from the mountains, piedmont & sandhills, to the coast. Although projects vary greatly in size, the average acreage would come out at about 434 acres per project.
DIVERSE SOUTHEASTERN HABITATS PROTECTED
- Appalachian Mountain Land (forested & open)
- Ridge & Valley Land (forested & open)
- Piedmont Land (forested & open)
- Fall-line Sandhills Land (forested & open)
- Coastal Land (forested & open)
- Wetlands, Stream Corridor & Open Water (all regions)